RCGP (Royal College of General Practitioners)
30 Euston Square
LONDON, NW1 2FB
BOTOX FOUNDATION: 09 DEC 2016
Botulinum toxin type a is usually referred to as botox, this is a well known and commonly requested non-surgical treatment for fine lines and wrinkles. Derma Institute have designed an excellent interactive, relaxed and friendly botox foundation course. All our courses provide pre-course reading material and 1:1 live patient hands on training.
Our intensive training will take place over a full day and we ask you to provide a model on the day. If you struggle to find a model we can help to source one for you. Full course material will be provided prior to your selected date and a mentoring program will be set up for you once the course is completed. We aim to continually support you in the days and months following your training.
- Basics of the ageing face and the treatments which can be offered to reverse or delay the aging process
- The consultation process
- Basics of botox use for cosmetic indications
- How to avoid side-effects of botox treatment and how to manage these.
- Different botulinum toxins on the market
- Latest botox treatment protocols
- Basic facial anatomy
- Treatment of the upper face region- crow’s feet/laughter lines (peri-orbital region), frown lines (glabellar region) and forehead lines (frontallis muscle)
- Management of side effects and complications
- The aesthetic botox consultation
- Pre/post-treatment procedure -consent forms-treatment aftercare advice
- Business advice and set-up options
- Clinic marketing for botox
- How to avoid and handle patient complaints
- Practical 1:1 demonstrations with a trainer on real patients
- How to prepare the clinical environment
- How to reconstitute botox for use.
- Supervised 1:1 consultation, consent and treatment on your model
WHO IS ELEGIBLE?
We can only train doctors, dentists and nurses for this course. You will be asked to bring your own model for 1:1 practice.