Botox for Jawline Slimming
Having an oval-shaped face is regarded as a sign of facial beauty and attractiveness in women. In some cases however, the jawline may appear too broad as a result of over-developed masseter muscles.
While genes do play a role in how wide the jawline is, other factors such as overworking of the masseter muscles also contribute and this is seen in people who clench their jaw or grind their teeth involuntarily (bruxism).
Asides the associated pain and discomfort, headaches as well as negative dental effects in both sexes, this habit also results in a rather unflattering square masculine appearance of the jaws in women due to the resultant hypertrophy of the muscles of mastication.
Fortunately, this effect can be lessened with the use of botox. Botox for jawline slimming works by partially relaxing the masseter muscles, weakening them over time and thereby reducing their size and enhancing the cheekbone-jawline balance to create a slender and more youthful look. In addition, it also helps to reduce clenching and in some cases, the associated headaches. The effects of this treatment can be seen after about 8 weeks and can last from 3 to 6 months.
The Botox for jawline slimming procedure is carried out by trained aesthetic practitioners who carefully inject small amounts of botox into the masseters on both sides of the face.
Derma Institute teaches our delegates this technique in our 2-Day Combined Botox and Filler Course. Our training emphasizes on taking a holistic view of the treatment, to include patient expectations, and ensure safety and optimum results.
BENEFITS OF TRAINING IN BOTOX FOR JAWLINE SLIMMING
Even though botox is conventionally known for its use in treating wrinkles and fine lines, it is becoming increasingly popular for its benefits in other areas such as jawline slimming.
Many patients would rather opt for non invasive, safer and cost effective procedures with little to no downtime.
As such, aesthetic practitioners who are trained in botox for jawline slimming are able to cater to the high demand for this procedure.
Also, because the results of botox for jawline slimming can take a relatively longer time to be visible, practitioners can count on a greater revenue from adding this procedure to their treatment portfolio.
Relevant course to attend
We teach this procedure on our award-winning 2-day Combined Botox and Filler courses.
This course is suitable for both experienced aesthetic practitioners and beginners in the field who would learn 8 basic as well 13 other advanced most popular aesthetic procedures, that would enhance their aesthetic skills and enable them offer these treatments to their clients.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- The anatomy of the face, with emphasis on the jaw area
- The pathophysiology of bruxism
- Indications for Botox for jawline slimming such as a pronounced and square jaw
- Contraindications to botox for jawline slimming such as neuromuscular disorders, bleeding disorders, pregnancy, etc.
- The pharmacology of botulinum toxin, knowledge of its storage, dilution and administration.
- The patient consultation and assessment process that ensures optimum results.
- Pre-treatment client evaluation which ensures the provision of a crucial balance of facial aesthetics, while improving the natural appearance of the face.
- Selection of candidates for treatment, management of patient expectations, anaesthesia use, as well as patient after-care.
- Requisite knowledge in product selection through learning the different brands of suitable muscle freezing agents available on the market.
- Knowledge and understanding of possible complications or adverse effects and their management.
- Avoiding complications through safer injection techniques including cannula and needle use that consider angle and depth of injections.
- Carry out at least one botox for jawline slimming procedure on a live model patient provided by Derma Institute.
Take The Next Step In Your Career In Aesthetics
Additional reasons why you should train in Botox for Jawline Slimming treatments
Become an expert in this technique
You will be taught basic and advanced techniques of botox for jawline slimming treatments which would allow you give your clients custom-tailored results.
This course is delivered by industry experts who possess vast experience and expertise in the field.
This procedure will be taught alongside other basic and advanced facial rejuvenation procedures that allow you offer a more holistic treatment to your clients.
Broaden your services menu
In addition to the basic aesthetic procedures which are more readily offered by most aesthetic practitioners, now you can add botox for jawline slimming treatments to your repertoire.
Increase your market value and employability by top aesthetics clinics
Being equipped with the comprehensive knowledge and skills of current and highly demanded non-surgical aesthetic procedures, you will be sought after by high-end clinics.
A lot of practical hands-on experience gained from working onlive models
To make sure that you are set to confidently and safely start practicing, our course comprises intensive, practical, hands-on training sessions on live models that we provide for you.
Small training groups
We judiciously maintain a low trainee-trainer ratio, not exceeding 5 trainees per trainer. The small size of our training groups, with our dedicated expert trainers, ensures that your learning is individualised and effective.
At the end of your training course with Derma Institute, you will be awarded with CPD points as well as a certificate of attendance which is insurer-approved.
In addition to the above, we continue to provide after training support to all our delegates which they find very beneficial.
WE TEACH THIS TECHNIQUE
In our 2-day combined Botox and filler course.
Our delegates can be assured of their ability to expertly and confidently offer these treatments upon completion of this course.