Foundation (1 DAY)
£765.00 + VAT
This award winning foundation Botulinum toxin and Dermal filler course enables trainees to gain an in-depth understanding of Botulinum toxin and Dermal fillers and to train on live models. This course will equip trainees to start their aesthetic practice immediately
By the end of this intensive foundation course, you will be able to:
Confidently administer Botox and dermal fillers
Learn the science of botulinum toxins and dermal fillers, including: mechanisms of action, how to consult for a wide range of indications, an array of optimal injection techniques, and how to manage complications and side-effects.
Apply ethics and law in aesthetic medicine
Good medical practice is essential for a long-term career in aesthetics. Have an understanding of how to protect yourself and your patients legally and ethically.
Incorporate psychology into your consultations
Recognising healthy and unhealthy psychological drivers is crucial for good practice in aesthetic medicine. Understand the signs of body dysmorphia, and how to deal with patients who may need to be refused treatment.
Our intensive training will take place over a full day and we ask you to provide a model on the day. If you struggle to find a model we can help to source one for you. Full course material will be provided prior to your selected date and a mentoring program will be set up for you once the course is completed. We aim to continually support you in the days and months following your training.
The Level 7 course starts with our foundation training day. Here you will learn the most common botox and dermal fillers treatments and spend the whole afternoon injecting live cosmetic models. The foundation course allows you to start practising immediately after training and you will receive a CPD accredited certificate allowing you to get cosmetic indemnity insurance, order products and start treating patients. We also have a business section to the course, helping you to get a job or set up your own clinic or mobile practice.
After the foundation day you will be required to complete the advanced combined botox and dermal filler course. After this is successfully completed, we will organise stage 2 and stage 3 dates to complete the level 7 qualification. These two parts typically take 6-18 months to complete – depending on your own timescales. In Stage 2 we organise 4 Supervised Treatment Days to allow further practical training on live cosmetic models. We build the required portfolio needed for final submission. In Stage 3 you complete written coursework and attend a practical OSCE assessment day.
Upon successful completion of training, our delegates will receive an accredited level 7 qualification in aesthetic injectables which is regulated by the government’s office of qualifications OFQUAL.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES – Foundation Botox & Dermal Filler Course
- Basics of the ageing face and the treatments which can be offered to reverse or delay the aging process
- Basic facial anatomy
- The consultation process
- Basics of botox use for cosmetic indications
- Different brands of botulinum toxins and dermal fillers in the market
- Latest Botox and dermal filler treatment protocols
- Botox treatment of the upper face region- crow’s feet/laughter lines (peri-orbital region), frown lines (glabellar region) and forehead lines (frontallis muscle)
- Dermal filler treatment for nasolabial lines/folds, lip augmentation, peri-oral line, oral commissures, marionette lines, chin augmentation
- Management of side effects and complications
- Post-treatment advice
- Business advice and set-up options
- How to avoid and handle patient complaints
- Supervised Hands on Live Model 1:1 Training
- How to prepare the clinical environment
- Choosing the correct product for your treatment
Who is eligible?
We train the following medical professionals:
- DENTAL THERAPISTS
- DENTAL HYGIENISTS
You are also required to have:
- A valid professional registration number with an active license to practice in the UK
- English as a first language, or English Language Testing System (IELTS) 7.0 in all components
- Postgraduate degree/diploma/master’s in Anatomy, Dermatology, Medicine, Surgery, Research
- CCT or completion of training within profession
International students may be accepted if an equivalent level of education can be demonstrated, and you are professionally registered. Please refer to our Entry Requirements Policy for details.
Derma Institute Expert Training Board
Dr. Alex Karkhi
Aesthetic Doctor & Trainer
Dr. Firhaas Tuckmachi
Aesthetic Doctor & Trainer
BECOME AN EXPERT PRACTITIONER
You can deepen your understanding of the science of botulinum toxins, including: mechanisms of action, how to consult for a wide range of indications, an array of optimal injection techniques, and how to manage complications and side-effects.
Have you previously completed a facial aesthetics training course? Would you like to be able to replay the techniques you learned? We have now launched a
series of online videos to accompany our popular Botox and dermal fillers training courses.