Botox for Underarm Sweating
No longer is Botulinum toxin only popular for its aesthetic benefits in anti-aging. It now offers improved standards of living to clients by increasing their confidence and well-being. One of the uses for Botox in which this is most apparent is the treatment of Hyperhidrosis.
Hyperhidrosis, also referred to as excessive sweating, is a medical condition that affects about 2% of the population and is caused by an overactive sympathetic nervous system. It usually affects the armpit, soles of the feet, palms, head, groin, back and face but the underarms are the most affected.
Some people who have Hyperhidrosis sweat so much as to soak through their clothes even in cool temperatures and in social settings in particular, this can give rise to significant anxiety and lack of confidence.
Botox for underarm excessive sweating has been proven to be very safe and highly efficacious, successfully reducing underarm sweating by about 85%. Botox for underarm sweating works by preventing the release of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine that stimulates the activation of sweat glands, thereby decreasing the amount of sweat secreted.
A trained medical practitioner injects small amounts of Botulinum toxin, using a very fine needle, into 10 to 15 sites about 1cm apart, spread out evenly in each underarm and the effects can last for up to 18 months.
BENEFITS OF TRAINING IN BOTOX FOR UNDERARM SWEATING
More than half of the people who suffer from Hyperhidrosis have underarm symptoms and Botox for underarm sweating is the only effective treatment currently known asides antiperspirants (which aren’t completely effective in some individuals).
Also, the NHS does not provide specific guidelines for its treatment and this represents a large niche that medical professionals trained in Hyperhidrosis treatment can take advantage of.
Not only is botox for underarm sweating quick and easy to administer but the practitioner also gets to enjoy fulfilment from highly increased patient satisfaction.
Relevant course to attend
We teach this procedure on our award-winning 2-day Combined Botox and Filler courses.
This course is suitable for both experienced aesthetic practitioners and beginners in the field who would learn 8 basic as well 13 other advanced most popular aesthetic procedures, that would enhance their aesthetic skills and enable them offer these treatments to their clients.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- The anatomy of the axillary region.
- The pathophysiology of excessive sweating and how to differentiate between primary and secondary Hyperhidrosis.
- Indications for Botox for underarm sweating such as primary Hyperhidrosis.
- Contraindications to botox for underarm sweating such as neuromuscular disorders, bleeding disorders, pregnancy, etc.
- The pharmacology of botulinum toxin, knowledge of its storage, dilution and administration.
- The patient consultation and assessment process that ensures optimum results.
- Pre-treatment client evaluation.
- Selection of candidates for treatment, management of patient expectations, anaesthesia use, as well as patient after-care.
- Requisite knowledge in product selection through learning the different brands of suitable muscle freezing agents available on the market.
- Knowledge and understanding of possible complications or adverse effects and their management.
- Avoiding complications through through safer injection techniques including cannula and needle use that consider angle and depth of injections.
- Carry out at least one botox for underarm sweating treatment on a live model patient provided by Derma Institute.
Take The Next Step In Your Career In Aesthetics
Additional reasons why you should train in Botox for Underarm Sweating
Become an expert in this technique
You will be taught basic and advanced techniques of botox for underarm treatments which would allow you give your clients maximum results.
This course is delivered by industry experts who possess vast experience and expertise in the field.
This procedure will be taught alongside other basic and advanced facial rejuvenation procedures that allow you offer a more holistic treatment to your clients.
Broaden your services menu
In addition to the basic aesthetic procedures which are more readily offered by most aesthetic practitioners, now you can add botox for underarm treatments to your repertoire.
Increase your market value and employability by top aesthetics clinics
Being equipped with the comprehensive knowledge and skills of current and highly demanded non-surgical aesthetic procedures, you will be sought after by high-end clinics.
A lot of practical hands-on experience gained from working on live models
To make sure that you are set to confidently and safely start practicing, our course comprises intensive, practical, hands-on training sessions on live models that we provide for you.
Small training groups
We judiciously maintain a low trainee-trainer ratio, not exceeding 5 trainees per trainer. The small size of our training groups, with our dedicated expert trainers, ensures that your learning is individualised and effective.
At the end of your training course with Derma Institute, you will be awarded with CPD points as well as a certificate of attendance which is insurer-approved.
In addition to the above, we continue to provide after training support to all our delegates which they find very beneficial.
WE TEACH THIS TECHNIQUE
In our 2-day combined Botox and filler course.
Our delegates can be assured of their ability to expertly and confidently offer these treatments upon completion of this course.